Governance: how your project makes decisions. Most projects use one of the three options:
1. No Governance
Many projects have no need for formal governance — the project creator or a small group can make decisions without formal processes. You can add governance later on, when/if the need arises.
2. Offchain Governance (Recommended)
Although this could be as simple as conducting polls in a Discord server, project creators are advised to use Snapshot:
Snapshot is a decentralized voting system. It provides flexibility on how voting power is calculated for a vote. Snapshot supports various voting types to cater to the needs of organizations. Creating proposals and voting on Snapshot is user-friendly and does not cost gas as the process is performed off-chain.
In short, Snapshot is an off-chain gasless multi-governance client with easy to verify and hard to contest results.
You can deploy a Snapshot space for your project on snapshot.org, or you can:
- Visit your project's page on juicebox.money with the project owner wallet connected.
- Open your project's settings by clicking the gear in the upper right-hand corner.
Governancein the left-hand sidebar, and following the instructions on that page.
Both of these options will require you to have an ENS address (this is a short name ending with
.eth that refers to your wallet). If you don't have an ENS, visit app.ens.domains.
Once you have your space set up, you can use one of our pre-written Snapshot strategies for Juicebox projects. If you're looking for something else, tag
filipvv in the Juicebox Discord.
JuiceboxDAO contributors have built an alternative Snapshot interface with additional features (like search, filtering, and additional analytics).
3. Onchain Governance
You can also govern your Juicebox project on-chain. Take a look at:
- blunt.finance, a tool for Juicebox projects to launch trustless funding rounds where contributors can get refunds if the fundraising target isn't reached.
- Defifa, an onchain sports prediction game built with Juicebox. If you're interested in running a similar competition, inquire in their Discord.
- juice-kickstart-governance. A helper to launch a (or reconfigure an existing) project on Juicebox preconfigured to use on-chain governance. If you're interested in using this, get in touch with
0xBA5ED#9353in the JuiceboxDAO Discord